CEEPUS is an academic mobility network in the extended Danube region based on an international Agreement, which finances student and teacher trips.
Current member countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia. Prishtina/Kosovo is also participating.
The main activity of CEEPUS is the support of knowledge transfer, knowledge exchange and experience. CEEPUS mainly funds cooperation networks between universities in the member states through mobility grants for students and teachers.
Since 1995 approximate 75.000 mobility applications have been awarded in the framework of our program.
Romania is a CEEPUS member since 1998.
The Ministry of Education, through the CEEPUS National Office, grants annually 500 grants for students and teachers who arrive in Romanian universities for study and teaching periods.
- For those who are following bachelor’s degree courses there is a monthly grant, equivalent in value with the amount of EUR 120 in RON, at the exchange rate communicated by the National Bank of Romania for the last day of the preceding month;
- For those who are following master’s degree courses, Ph.D. courses and post-doctoral courses there is a monthly grant, equivalent in value with the amount of EUR 150 in RON, at the exchange rate communicated by the National Bank of Romania for the last day of the preceding month;
- For those who are following intensive courses and language courses, half of the amount of the monthly amount mentioned on points a) and b) will be granted, if the duration of the course does not exceed 15 days, and the full amount will be granted if the duration of the course exceeds 15 days;
- Free accommodation in the student dormitories or in other university spaces for this purpose;
- Laboratory costs related to the fulfilment of the study programme and to research are covered;
- Medical service costs are covered, in agreement with the law.
For more information, please visit www.ceepus.info.